How to bridge funds across the Scroll Sepolia testnet via Owlto Finance
Scroll is an EVM-equivalent zkRollup to scale Ethereum. Since the launch of the Scroll Alpha testnet six months ago, over 100 projects have integrated with Scroll, resulting in over 47 million transactions, 9 million wallet addresses, and 4 million contracts deployed. These achievements signify remarkable progress. With the launch of the Sepolia testnet on August 17, 2023, Scroll has entered its final phase before the mainnet release. As an ecological partner of Scroll, Owlto Finance has also integrated with the Scroll Sepolia test network almost simultaneously. Now, let’s explore how to bridge funds across the Scroll Sepolia testnet using Owlto Finance.
So, how can I bridge funds across the Scroll Sepolia testnet using Owlto Finance ?
Step 1: Adding Sepolia Testnet and Scroll Sepolia Testnet to your wallet
- Visit Owlto Finance: https://owlto.finance and connect your wallet (using Metamask as an example).
- Click on the network icon in the top right corner and select “Testnet” to find Sepolia and Scroll Sepolia.
- Click on Sepolia or Scroll Sepolia, and your wallet will pop up a permission request of “Add Network” for the selected testnet. Click “Approve” to confirm.
Step 2: Request Sepolia ETH from Faucets
Since the Scroll Sepolia testnet is deployed on the Sepolia network, you will first need some testnet ETH on the Sepolia testnet. Please note that Sepolia ETH is different from Goerli ETH. Here are a few Sepolia faucet apps:
Once you receive ETH on Sepolia, you will be able to see it in your wallet balance with Sepolia network.
Step 3: Bridge SETH from Sepolia Testnet to Scroll Sepolia Testnet
- Return to Owlto Finance and access the Network dropdown menu located in the top right corner. Choose “Testnet” from the options.
- Select “Sepolia” from the available testnet networks. This will update the “From” field in the bridge window to Sepolia.
- Select “Scroll Sepolia” as the destination network in the “To” field.
- Specify the amount of SETH you wish to bridge and click on the “SEND ETH TO SCROLL SEPOLIA” button.
- Review the details on the “confirm” page. If everything correct, click “CONFIRM AND SEND” to initiate the bridge process.
6. Through Owlto Finance, the bridge process takes only 20–30 seconds, and you will soon be able to see the SETH received in your wallet with Scroll Sepolia network selected.
7. By bridging SETH from Sepolia to Scroll Sepolia, you can fully experience the ecosystem of Scroll Sepolia.
Tips: If you have SETH in other L2 networks that support Sepolia, you can also bridge to Scroll Sepolia via Owlto Finance.
Step 4: Bridge SETH back from Scroll Sepolia to Sepolia Testnet
After fully experiencing the ecosystem of Scroll Sepolia, if users want to withdraw their SETH funds or explore the complete bridge path by returning from Scroll Sepolia to Sepolia Testnet, follow these steps:
- Go back to the bridge window of Owlto Finance and select “Scroll Sepolia” from the “From” field, “Sepolia” from the “To” field.
- Enter the desired amount of SETH you wish to bridge back to Sepolia, and proceed with the normal process.
- Once the bridge process begins, it will only take 20–30 seconds for you to see the transaction succeeded in your wallet with Sepolia Testnet.
The tutorial ends here. Many users have found the bridge operations of Owlto Finance to be extremely simple, earning Owlto a reputation of being “easy to use” among loyal users. As a dark horse in the field of bridges this year, Owlto Finance has also gained increasing recognition for being “secure, fast, and cost-effective.” Additionally, Scroll, being one of the most popular L2 networks currently, Owlto Finance actively collaborates with other applications to contribute to the prosperous development of the Scroll ecosystem.